- The Gifford Pinchot National Forest has some of the best mountain bike riding in Washington, and in the world. This is your guide to the best descents in the Gifford Pinchot, the best loops, the best view rides and the best epics. This is an amazingly good riding zone that not many people know about.
We live in one of the best places for year-round riding if you're prepared. It doesn't rain hard here, but it does rain freakishly often during the wet season, which is half the year. Here's everything you need to know to enjoy winter riding in the PNW.
- It took me waaay too long to source the supplies for my foam tool box, so here's a step by step guide to save you time when rounding up all the pieces and putting together your tool box organized with Kaizen Foam.
- Tread pattern, sidewall, compounds, durometer, size, bead technology. Over 45 variants just for the Minion DHF. Holy crap it's confusing! Which tire to run is the most important gear decision you'll make - by a long shot. He're the fool proof guide to picking the right tires for trail riders in the PNW.
- Is hot waxing your chain worth it on a mountain bike? I'm testing it out in Seattle conditions on both my road whip and MTB to find out. So far, it's been great on the road, but only lasts a handful of rides in sloppy MTB conditions. I'll still use it, at least on new chains. Find out why...
- A list of all the mountain bike and MTB component companies with offices in the PNW. This is a project to build up my Transition Patrol with as many parts from local, rider-owned brands as possible.